Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A soundtrack to my life


I find it funny that songs no matter how old can still blast through my speakers at the most unlikely of times and bring an influx of memories, ones that make me smile. And at the end of that 3:16 minutes I will feel as content as ever. Strangely enough i find particular songs show up in similar situations in life. For example- Fix You by Coldplay it'll be playing, somewhere, sometime; hours or days after any sort of Breakup. Well at least, it has until now and touch wood that because I've finally acknowledged this coincidence that it doesn't end. The lyrics of this particular song - " You never try, you'll never know just what you're worth" I sung them in year 7, and they gave me the courage to confront the boy I liked, it went nowhere, in fact he then went on to ask my best friend to the dance but it's only those memories that make me stronger and now I'm strong, they only make me smile. Not only is it this song but another whose name and specific lyrics escape me, however it as well appears at similar situations in my life. When I'm hidden away in my sheets crying over what the day had thrown my way. Funny enough this song often pops up; despite its age it's often on Nova and other such radio stations that I flick between. Coincidence, perhaps but I like how songs add meaning to my life and keep my memories safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment